Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What do you think?!?!.

I really don't have anything to post other than a little history.Besides that I am open to suggestions.So if you have any questions or things you would like to know, let me know:).I was flipping through my history book and found this quite interesting.Who was Clara Barton?. She was a New England woman who worked in a patent office.She placed an advert in a newspaper asking for medical supplies, then carried them to the battlefield. There she provided a soup kitchen and offered bandages and medicine to the wounded. After the war,in 1881, she founded the American Red Cross.A senator said: "She has the talent of a statesman,the command of a general,and the heart and hand of a woman".

2 comments:

  1. I want to see pictures of your new baby brother:D
    Neat bit of history!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about that after I posted.

    ReplyDelete